Welcome to our luxury Victorian hotel purpose built in 1897. Enjoy the Victorian architecture whilst taking in the unobstructed panoramic cliff top views overlooking Robin Hoods Bay.
Our family owned child friendly hotel offers the luxury of premium parking during your stay. The rooms are much larger than modern hotels of today. The hotel boasts various facilities such as a sea view restaurant, sea view tea room, children’s room, free wifi connection (subject to availability) to residents.
The hotel prides itself on cooking homemade food using only the finest local suppliers. The location is certainly second to none on the whole east coast.
Located at picturesque Robin Hood's Bay near Whitby on the North Yorkshire Heritage Coast, we offer excellent hotel accommodation, bed and breakfast accommodation and holiday accommodation throughout all seasons.
We have a lovely panoramic Sea View Restaurant, Bay View Coffee Shop & Tearoom and Yorkshire Bar serving bar meals. Our historic hotel is an ideal venue for weddings, wedding receptions, private parties and corporate functions. We are an ideal base for exploring the treasures of the North York Moors National Park and places such as Scarborough, Runswick Bay and Staithes along the coastline, as well as nearby Goathland, Heartbeat Country, Captain Cook Country and Herriot Country.
We have free WIFI and cater for functions. All rooms are ensuite with many offering stunning sea views.
Children welcome from any age.
NZ 951053 54.43425 -0.53443
Take A171 and turn right signed Robin Hoods Bay and Fylingthorpe. Continue through Fylingthorpe and turn right at crossroads in Robin Hoods Bay follow the road towards the sea and The Victoria Hotel is the last building on the left overlooking the bay.
By Public Transport:
A local bus service run by Arriva run from Scarborough to Robin Hood's Bay. Please follow the link below for the timetable.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Continental breakfast only
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Christmas special programme
- Private parking
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Public house/Inn
- WiFi or internet access
- Coach parties welcomed
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Baby changing facilities
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Wet room
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training