Refine your search
- £99.00 for a 2 night full board stay from January to the end of February 2017. To include a 2 course evening meal each night of your stay, lunch and a full English breakfast each morning.
Search availability for Cober Hill and book online
Cober Hill is a 1920's Victorian mansion, steeped in history and set in 11 acres of stunning grounds nestled in the North York Moors National Park and Heritage Coast.
All our rooms are en suite and are suitable for families and large groups. We have a conference hall, lecture theatre and four beautiful lounges overlooking the gardens, croquet lawn and tennis courts. The meadows, jubilee garden and secret garden provide both inspiration and tranquillity for our themed courses and the children's play area, clock golf and putting green provide plenty of fun activities for children of all ages.
We use locally sourced produce for our seasonally changing menu, ensuring freshness and flavour, and our head chef and hospitality team are happy to cater for all your dietary needs. When you visit Cober Hill, you will be welcomed by friendly faces that are here to make your stay a relaxing and memorable one.
We can accommodate up to 126 guests in 67 en suite bedrooms (2 specifically adapted for disabled guests).
Cober Hill is ideal for large groups, family gatherings, school parties, conferences, training events and special interest themed breaks. Throughout the year we run a variety of creative holidays including: painting, lace making, photography, jewellery making, stain glass, bird watching, fossil finding and writing courses. Our Murder Mystery weekends have proved to be very popular and we can arrange to have a plot specially written for your event.
Dalby Forest, Bempton Cliffs, Whitby Abbey, Scarborough Castle, and the walking and cycle tracks are all close by. When it comes to organisational skills, we have years of experience and expertise, and would be happy to help you coordinate your stay.
Scarborough railway station is 15 minutes by car and there is a regular bus service that runs from door to door. We can also arrange for you to be collected by taxi.
Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay, Bempton Cliffs, Filey and Bridlington are between 15 - 25 minutes away.
The nearest city is York and Leeds/Bradford and Manchester are the nearest airports.
All pets are welcome at Cober Hill!
Children welcome from any age.
TA 011953 54.34322 -0.44631
Situated 100 yards along Staintondale Road, 6 miles north of Scarborough on the A171 Scarborough to Whitby Road.
By Public Transport:
Half hourly bus services from Scarborough to Cloughton by local no. 15 service or hourly using Arriva transport no. 93. frequent Rail services to Scarborough station 6 miles away.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Night porter
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Christmas special programme
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Building of historical interest
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Games room onsite
- Tennis onsite
- Children's outdoor play area
- Snooker/billiards/pool onsite
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Cycles for hire
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- Air conditioning
- Coach parties welcomed
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- Bath with support handrails available
- WCs with handrails available
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bedrooms available with separate, private or shared bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bathrooms available that have been specially adapted for wheelchair users
Cober Hill consists of a choice of 64 rooms of various sizes, all with en-suite facilities of bath, shower or both. There are a large number of single occupancy rooms, ground floor rooms and two rooms that have been specifically adapted for disabled guests.
- Steps to the main entrance
- 5Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Ramp to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training