Accommodation at Scarborough's Gordon Hotel, whether you are staying for Bed & Breakfast or Half Board, offers excellent value for money. It is ideally situated on the North side of Scarborough peacefully overlooking Peasholm Park.
The Gordon is a detached, 10 bedroomed, licensed property in a beautiful location peacefully overlooking Peasholm Glen and Park. Hearty appetites are catered for at the Gordon with a high standard of appetising food served in our pleasant dining room. Our delightful bar offers a good selection of drinks where you can end the day relaxing with the many friends you are sure to make.
The Quality in Tourism have rated the Gordon Hotel as Four Stars so whether you are staying for Bed & Breakfast or Half Board we can offer high standards and excellent value for money. Please note that smoking is not allowed inside the hotel.
The entire North Bay and its many amenities are all within a few minutes walk. You can visit the heated indoor swimming pool, Scarborough Bowls centre, the Sea Life centre, Miniature Railways and Peasholm Park with its famous Naval Battles and musical afternoons.
There are many beautiful places with picturesque scenery surrounding Scarborough and many wonderful places to explore: Robin Hood's Bay, Thornton-le-Dale, Hutton-le-Hole, Goathland (Heartbeat country) or the wild expanse of the North Yorkshire Moors. Whatever you choose there is always something to suit everyone. Scarborough is also an ideal place to stay for visiting places like Flamingo Land, Castle Howard and Eden Camp.
TA 032891 54.28798 -0.41560
A64 York to Scarborough. At the traffic lights on Westborough, turn left onto North Way. Continue straight on to the 2nd roundabout, turn left onto Dean Road. Right round the roundabout and over the bridge. Through the chicane, take 1st right onto Ryndleside.
By Public Transport:
From Scarborough - 1 miles.
- Children welcome
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Games room onsite
- Public house/Inn
- Vegetarian diet available
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- Coach parties welcomed
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- On street/public parking
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bathrooms available that have been specially adapted for wheelchair users
Ground floor room suitable for wheelchair users although doors have not been specifically widened. There is a wet-room style large double shower but this is not suitable for a wheelchair. Please call for further details.
- Steps to the main entrance
- oneNumber of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Nut free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training