Official Tourist Board Website
Call us today! 01723 383636

Refine your search

Type of Venue

 

Location

 

Facilities

 

Or Venue Name

 
 

image for Village item typePort Mulgrave

Village

Port Mulgrave

Port Mulgrave

Details

A few clifftop houses stand above a small harbour. In 1874, this harbour was specially constructed to deal with iron ore that was brought, via a tunnel, from nearby Grinkle Mines and shipped to Tyneside. For forty years Port Mulgrave was a bustling port but when the mines closed, the harbour lost its commercial life. Village also offers bed & breakfast accommodation, a public house serving bar meals a caravan site and a public telephone.

Telephone (public)Accepts groups

Open all the time

Contact

Tourism Bureau

01723 383636

Address

Saltburn-by-The-Sea,
Cleveland,
TS13 5LQ

Location

Directions

See location of Port Mulgrave on Google mapsSee location on Google maps

Map reference: NZ 795177  Lat: 54.54830 Long: -0.77247

By Road:
From south (A171). Turn left onto High Street - B1266 (signposted Sandsend). Turn left onto Ellerby Bank, then left onto Ellerby Lane and left onto A174, turn right onto Rosedale Lane.

From north A171, at Ormesby roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A171 and travel towards Whitby (signposted Whitby) then turn left onto High Street - B1266 (signposted Sandsend), turn left onto Ellerby Bank then left onto Ellerby Road and A174, turn right onto Rosedale Lane.

Parking: free

Parking: with charge

Accessible by Public Transport: 10 miles from Whitby station

Facilities

  • Telephone (public)Telephone (public)
  • Accepts groupsAccepts groups