Refine your search
The village of Goathland, in the beautiful North York Moors National Park, is perhaps better known to many as Aidensfield, the setting for the ITV series, Heartbeat. And the Beacon Country House is perfectly situated at one end of the village next to the Parish Church, itself a late Victorian building, with views of open moorland and the village common.
It’s not altogether surprising that the Beacon has featured in a number of episodes of Heartbeat - the guest lounge has had a starring role as both a doctor’s surgery and a solicitor’s office, and some of the bedrooms and public areas have also been filmed for the small screen.
The Beacon is a grand late Victorian building - built over a hundred years ago as the country home of a wealthy mill owner - with oak-panelled rooms of generous proportions, period fittings, landscaped grounds, superb views, and high levels of customer service. And all in a friendly and relaxing atmosphere.
All the guest bedrooms have en suite facilities and are decorated and furnished to a high standard and come complete with colour TV and a well stocked hospitality tray. The Beacon Country House also has two further en suite double bedrooms in a converted barn and one of these rooms is suitable for wheelchair users.
Start the day with a lovely home cooked breakfast, which is served in the light and airy conservatory which boasts spectacular views overlooking the beautiful landscaped garden.
The Beacon Country House is the ideal base for exploring the surrounding area so why not visit the stunning coastal resorts of Whitby, Scarborough and Filey or take a nice walk on the moors. You could take a ride on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, the steam train leaves Pickering and stops at several stations along it’s route to Whitby.
Children welcome from any age.
Wallington, United Kingdom
24 October 2014
“Pleasant and peaceful”
Although the property has character, some areas would benefit from a little TLC, e.g. the windows, which were not easy to open and close, and probably due for replacement.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Vegetarian diet available
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- High chairs available
- Cots available
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Wet room
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours