Scarborough Armed Forces Day
Scarborough Armed Forces Day 2015 will take place on Saturday 27th June on Scarborough South Bay.
Preparations for the 2015 event are already well underway and we will update this page as soon as details are confirmed.
Scarborough Armed Forces Day 2015
This year the event was kindly sponsored by First TransPennine Express, supported by the Ministry of Defence, Welcome to Yorkshire and Scarborough Borough Council.
Building upon the success of previous years, the event was another spectacular tribute to those who serve and have served in Her Majesty's Armed Forces.
Armed Forces Day Highlights:
- Vulcan Bomber display
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight - Spitfire, Lancaster & Hurricane
- RNLI & RAF Sea King helicopter demonstration
- RAF Tucano display
- Yorkshire Regiment Freedom Parade
- Standards & Veterans Parade
- Red Arrows & Lancaster Bomber simulators
- Military vehicles display
- The Yorkshire Regiment military displays
- World War 1 exhibition
- Climbing tower & paintballing range
- A formal opening & welcoming address by the Mayor of the Borough of Scarborough
- Beach Boot Camp Challenge
- Band of the Yorkshire Volunteers
- Tri-service recruitment, welfare associations exhibiters
- Service of Thanksgiving led by Rev Martyn Dunning, Vicar of Scarborough
- One Minute Silence
- Armed Forces Day Twilight Naval Warfare Show at Peasholm Park, Scarborough
- Spectacular Armed Forces Day Last Night of the Proms concert at Scarborough OAT
AFD 15 is proudly supported by Transpennine Express.
Yorkshire is home to some of the most stunning views in the country, and what better way to enjoy the spectacular rolling hills and dales than with a relaxing train ride with First TransPennine Express. Better still is if you book your train journey inadvance, you could save over 50%* on your ticket and earn yourself some Nectarpoints along the way! So what are you waiting for? Save yourself a packet here: tpexpress.co.uk
Go Discover Yorkshire Coast
Family and Seaside
Food and Drink
Events and festivals
TV, Film and Literature
Arts and Heritage
Nature, Parks and Gardens
Shopping and Relaxation
Site design & direction by Askew Brook