Using this website
This website is run by North Yorkshire Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- our accommodation search may be presented differently to those using assistive technology
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille please contact us using the request option our website feedback form.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, please contact us using the feedback option on our website feedback form.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
North Yorkshire County Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Interactive tools and transactions
- our accommodation availability search may be presented differently for users with assistive technology or difficult to navigate using a keyboard. This is because our platform uses the same ‘label’ tags for multiple elements. This fails Success Criterion 1.3.1 and 4.1.1 (non-text content).
We are working with our website provider and plan to have these issues fixed by September 2021.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 12/10/2020. It was last reviewed on 12/10/2020.
This website was last tested on 12/10/2020. The test was carried out by the Scarborough Borough Council Web Services Team.